Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Monitoring

The Arizona Department of Real Estate has specific rules for the their continuing education. For the online classes: 1. one must have their butt in a chair at all times, 2. one's face must be visible at all times and 3. one's first and last name must be visible. How hard is that? Seriously? I am asking because I have a seven year old nephew who can figure this out.

Now then, I just monitored a class for the Association. I've done it before in person. It is kind of my voluntary job as a member of the Association's Professional Development committee. In addition to me motioning this class, there was an actual representative from the ADRE listening in on the class as well. Talk about pressure!

My job as monitor was to (follow along here): 1. make sure I could see every face, 2. make sure everyone was in their chairs and 3. make sure everyone had their first and last name visible in the zoom meeting. Mind you, these are the people the public trusts with the sale of their home. 

So, for the last three hours, I monitored 113 folks, who were to pay attention to the instructor (someone I really was excited to hear). I was to make sure they were following rules 1-3. THAT WAS MY ENTIRE JOB. And I ended up doing it non-stop for three hours. I don't know how many times I wrote, "Please make sure your first and last name are visible, as it is an ADRE guideline and the only way you will receive continuing education for this class." And I ask, why are they changing their name half way through the class anyway? 

I mean it when I say I went from face to face, fishing out those who couldn't comply for the sake of the masses, sending them private messages and in one case actually kicking someone out of class. You see, ADRE thinks its "distracting" if those simple rules are not followed. And if one person can't follow the rules, the rest of the 112 folks don't get the continuing education credit either. 

For the sake of this blog, I made a list of what I saw, because I know y'all would want to know: 
  • Guitar playing (I think he was smoking a joint too). 
  • Yoga, specifically the down-dog position and her butt was definitely NOT in the chair. 
  • Teeth, ear, and nose picking (sorry)
  • Wardrobe malfunctions (Dear Heavens! Put on a bra people!)
  • Crotch shots--the number of folks I had to ask to please move their camera BACK UP was more than three but less than 30. I think.
  • Someone putting on make-up.  
  • Someone laying in a bed--who almost got kicked out because she couldn't find a chair and the rule is--I'm not making this up--she is to be sitting in a chair. 
  • Someone brought his tablet to the bathroom with him, so I could see his face the entire time. I know this because he told me he was going to and I saw him walk down the hall. 
  • Folks smoked, ate and one dude had a beer. Lucky guy. I want one now. 
  • There were a few cute toddlers and puppies as well who managed to make their way into the zoom meetings. There was even a mommy coloring with her little girl. But hey! She followed the rules! 
And let's not forget the technically adroit, who couldn't simply just sit and listen, nope, she had to keep asking questions--two hours in, mind you--about how Zoom works, which was not the topic of the class. We all know that person. She was in this class.

Anyway, its over. Hopefully we will all get credit for this class. Yes, even I get continuing education credit for today (even though I didn't get to fully pay attention to the instructor) because my butt was in the chair at all times, my face was visible and my first and last name were displayed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment