Sunday, March 27, 2022

Church

I've been dragging Marty to church for the past few weeks. I go for Jesus and the socialization--I need friends. Marty goes because I ask him to. He's a good husband that way.

Generally we stay after for coffee and donuts, talking to all the folks we meet. Today, I didn't feel like it. I don't have the job I had last week when they asked, and I didn't feel like answering questions about why. "It wasn't a good fit," is 100 percent true, but never satisfies a group of Southern folk who seem to like dirt in places other than their garden.  

That said, I missed this week's donuts and fellowship. Fitting into a new place is hard enough and a church community seems like an obvious place to start without ruffling too many feathers. Maybe after the dust settles this week, we will check out Friday's fish fry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment