Saturday, March 12, 2022

First Day Back at Work

Though I love my young adults, even I can see the benefits of stepping back here and there and giving them space. Unfortunately, Texas winter weather coupled with the size of my home doesn't really warrant itself to "space." So Friday, grieving my father, I put on my lip gloss, fluffed my hair and drove the four miles to my office where I hoped to get a reprieve. Dad would have approved. He was a hard worker.  

What I got at the office was a mound of paperwork and Tessa having a bad day. Figuring I'd work half a day, I didn't bring lunch, which was a bad move. Lesson learned. I ended up staying until 4:30 when my assistant, Abby shoed me out, reminding me it was snowing and I wasn't even supposed to be in the office anyway.  

Abby also overheard me stand my ground with Tessa, who at one point in the afternoon took a pot shot at me. Tessa needs me more than I need her, and I calmly reminded her of that and let her know I would not tolerate that kind of behavior. So, Abby also overheard Tessa's apology. 

While in Vegas three weeks ago (it feels like a million years ago), Tessa introduced me to the higher-ups as her "future broker." I haven't signed on board for that just yet. I have some thinking to do. However, if Tessa's moment Friday was an anomaly, then I will continue thinking about it. If it becomes a habit, then nope. I'm gone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment