Wednesday, March 23, 2022

The Futile Quest for Mexican Food

Not gonna lie. The Mexican food in Texarkana is downright horrible. While in Phoenix a few weeks ago, I did a Mexican Food Crawl, and managed to make it to four places that week (and another in Benson, where I saw Mrs. Meadows on my way back to Texas). Oh my! My taste buds rejoiced. 

In our never-ending impossible quest to find something palatable, we turned to our church community this past Sunday. You see, every month or so, there are some Mexico natives who dish up some tamales and burritos for the congregation. Knowing this, we made a special trip for breakfast. 

I'd tell you it was wonderful but we'd both know I was lying. However, it wasn't horrible. At least the tamale had seasoning. The burrito not so much. But it gave us hope. Somewhere nearby there must be a Mexican restaurant with reasonable seasoning and no Hormel Chili or Velveeta. 

No comments:

Post a Comment