Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Easing Back Into the Swing of Things

After being gone 16 days, I arrived back in Texarkana yesterday, having driven for two days and 1,300 miles. I would have preferred the airplane-kind of ride, even with the three hours back from the Dallas airport of my choice, but I was taking Dad's car back to Buckaroo. In case it doesn't seem terribly obvious, I don't like driving. Especially through West Texas. 

Today I spent all sorts of time and energy sorting out Dad's papers I hadn't gotten to last week. Fortunately, my father's affairs were in order and his modest estate isn't terribly hard to settle. But there are a few hiccups here and there.

I'd told Tessa I'd be back in the office on Thursday. Today I swung by the office to tell her, nope. Maybe Friday, but even I can see that might be optimistic. While there, I glanced at my desk and the piles of paper waiting for me and backed away slowly. My work-a-holic personality isn't ready for anything that dramatic.  


No comments:

Post a Comment