Friday, June 10, 2022

A Repeat of Recent History

Wednesday night, I went out to dinner with Abby, my former assistant from the six weeks I worked at the ole' brokerage. Abby is almost 30, brighter than she realizes and reminds me of a long-time Phoenix friend. She is also a Texarkana native, which means I let her pick the restaurant. She picked Longhorn Steakhouse. At least it wasn't "Mexican" food. 

Abby and I got caught up on her little (he's 5), my bigs (19 and 21) and our husbands and pets. We discussed our lives and what we do for fun. We talked about this and that, laughing a lot and making me so happy we had gotten together. 

And I finally, asked her how things were going with Tessa and the gang at the ole Brokerage. And dear Heavens! The problems Tessa brought me in to solve (which I did solve, but caused a lot of discomfort with the staff who didn't embrace change) have manifested themselves again. Why? Because Tessa doesn't want to lead. She wants everyone to get along. And in Tessa's case, "Getting along" means everyone not complaining about the obvious lack of leadership and abdicating control of her company to power-hungry empire building Southern bitches women who will stab in the back and smile to the face. It is why I was happy to leave that dysfunctional office. Sadly, it is now what is now happening to Abby.

I told Abby if she needs a reference (and please, leave and don't look back if this is happening to her!) call me. I will do whatever she needs. When she was brought on, Abby was a mutual hiring decision. I wanted her, but so did Tessa and the backstabbing harpy who lobbied to get rid of me and is causing hell for Abby. Abby is talented and deserves better. I hope she knows her worth and feels like she can move on, because, it isn't going to get better there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment