Sunday, June 5, 2022

Jingle Bell Tacos

In a pointless effort to find reasonable Mexican food, Marty and I went out for the second weekend in a row to some joint in Texarkana. This time, we ventured five miles from home to the El Chico Restaurant located in Arkansas.  

The chips were good. The salsa had sugar. The guacamole was tasty. 

After reading the menu over and figuring they couldn't screw up tacos. We ordered a carnitas taco and their famous, "chicken tacos cascabeles," which translates to "chicken jingle bell tacos." Upon further review, we discovered it also translates to, "chicken rattlesnake tacos," but I'm just not going there.   

We both liked the carnitas taco. The jingle bell taco was meh. Plus, the corn tortillas tasted like they had been frozen, thawed, refrozen and rethawed. 

I'd say, if we were in a pinch and Fuzzy's Tacos (our go-to when we are desperate) was closed, we'd give Chico's another try. If we go back, I think I will stay away from the enchiladas. For your viewing pleasure, I took a picture of a couple of the selections.  


I'm Not Making This Up

No comments:

Post a Comment