Friday, June 3, 2022

Random Texarkana

The two-phased plumbing job that was supposed to be only four days, "max", is on day four of phase 1. I'm being told phase two might start next week. Maybe. It depends on Mr. Tony's schedule. He planned on handling the tile this week. It didn't happen. So, now he's busy again. I would be totally annoyed about this, but I'm letting Polly handle the outrage. She's the one with the giant hole in her closet. 

-----------------

For reasons I'm not ready to discuss and are possibly too complicated at this particular moment, I just sent the Department of Real Estate an e-mail asking how to reactivate my real estate brokerage. I'm using my brother Squirrel's home as my Arizona address. I'm not selling real estate at this time. Hopefully life will stay that way. 

-----------------

The begin tumor I had removed last November has returned with a vengeance. I saw my the doctor while I was in Phoenix, who said, "Yep, it isn't your imagination that there is a big, squishy growth underneath that scar." Since then, it has gotten even bigger and squishier. I see a surgeon at the end of the month. So, hopefully it will be out soon. 

Though it is (most assuredly) begin, it still is unsettling to have had it return so quickly and have caused so much of an issue in such a short time. I'm finding it isn't the constant pain, overnight lack of strength and depletion of my fine motor skills that is the hardest part of dealing with this. It is the lack of friends and no support local system to count on. In many ways, our life is so much better here in Texarkana. In this aspect, it is so much worse. 

-----------------

Buckaroo, who has had the hardest time adapting to our new life in Texas, has really taken off since returning from our Phoenix trip. I think it did him good to see his Phoenix friends, find out they were still a part of his life, and also realize it is ok to move forward. He works at the movie theater, a choice he picked because he wanted to work around people his own age. He's having fun being social there. At this time, he's planning on going to college in the fall. He is part of a martial arts group, and he is working to earn a second black belt with this school (he has one from another school). Buck has even signed up for a tournament in July. I'm so pleased to see him happy and optimistic about the future. 

-----------------

Polly is also thriving. She's singing, making friends and taking classes. This weekend she IS the church solo for all three masses. Even Buckaroo is planning on showing up to hear her sing. She finished this semester with a 4.0. She has a good group of girlfriends from school and another group of young adults from church. It is nice to see her growing as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment