Saturday, June 4, 2022

Happy Surprise

The voice mail I got Friday night said Bonus Dad's would be here on Sunday. Oh???!!!! He is??!!!

At any rate, Bonus Dad (who is 79) is driving solo to Michigan. He is swinging by from Phoenix on his way to Kansas to visit his brother before heading up to the cottage for the rest of the summer. Later this year, I will drive up there myself to keep him company for a week or so. 

I'm absolutely touched he's stopping by. I don't care I have one fully functioning bathroom (where are you Mr. Tony??). I don't mind that I have nothing thawed for dinner. It doesn't bother me in the slightest that the dog needs a bath, my arm hurts so much I can't handle cleaning the house except in small patches or that Polly is crazed from studying for her statistics test and has a three solos this weekend. Because BONUS DAD IS COMING TO VISIT!!! 

I forgot to ask how long he is staying. I guess I will find out tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment