Saturday, June 18, 2022

Six Months

It has been six months since the Sunshine family moved to Texas. For the most part, it has been a smooth transition for us, with a few bumpy moments.  

Though I'm sill pretty connected to the Valley through friends, social media and real estate-related news, there has been very little I miss about Arizona. I don't miss the heat, the pollution, the vulgarity, the population of ugly personalities that crop up with big-city life, the crime, the dust, the hurry and wait mentality and I really don't miss the traffic. That's the short list.  

I miss my friends and family. I miss my connections and my history. I miss having folks who share that with me. That's the long list. 

Texarkana wasn't on my radar for a place to live. It will do. I'm not sure I like it or dislike it any more than anywhere else we might have ended up. Marty loves his job and a happy husband who is content with his employment works for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment