Monday, June 20, 2022

Welcome to Summer

I'm finding out that folks around here, when asking, "Is it hot enough for you?" do not fully understand when I reply, "Yes, yes it is!" 

I'll still take Texas humidity summer over Arizona blast furnace summer. At least around here, it cools down to the 70s overnight. 

Since we moved here, I've been repeatedly told, "Just wait until you experience a Texas summer." then they make some sort of "mmm-mmm" noise, like they are eating a decadent chocolate cake and roll their eyes. The past couple of weeks, the weather has been in the (gasp!) high 80s-high 90s. Based on the locals' reactions, I'm starting to wonder if this is an anomaly. I mean, isn't this supposed to be what the summer feels like? Does it get worse than this? According to the Internet, these current temperatures are pretty average around here.  

According to the current weather app, it is currently 95 degrees. It is supposed to "feel like" 106 degrees at this very moment. To test out how hot it truly was, I walked outside barefoot on the concrete and moseyed over to the metal mailbox, holding my hand down on it for a count of 10. It wasn't a problem.  I like this level of hot. 

What Texarkana does have is humidity. The air is thicker and I sweat more when I go for my morning bike rides. But so far, I like humidity more than the Arizona heat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment