Monday, October 24, 2022

"One of Us"

Yesterday I went to another (my third I think?) Church of Christ prayer meeting. To be honest, there is less prayer group and a lot more women socializing for a couple of hours. The meetings are held at Deb's house, whose house is slightly larger than mine--so maybe 1700 square feet? There had to be 20 of us--which was the smallest group I'd seen since I started going. At this rate, I'll be spending another 6 months learning names. However, I felt welcomed and was able to hold my own in friendly conversations. 

As I'm part of the Facebook Messenger group for this monthly event, I have been reading along when someone posts. Last night, I said something about not wanting to comment on something in the Facebook thread, as nobody really knows me. "Nonsense!" Deb, my hostess, said. "You are one of us!" 


No comments:

Post a Comment