Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Peppers: the Gateway to Social Events

Yep, I grew those and
about twice as many more.
 
Last week, I sent out feelers to the handful of local folks I knew, asking if they'd like a couple of jalapenos. I had plenty (still do--plus the ones still on the plants).

Laurel was one of the folks that said yes. I like Laurel. She is a long-time real estate agent, who happens to work for Tessa. I met her before I moved to Texarkana because she was directly involved in the purchase of my current home. She was also my roommate when I went to Vegas with the Ole' Brokerage last February. She was my rock, and had to endure me living through my father dying that week. I haven't seen her since I left. 

Anyway, not only did Laurel say yes to some peppers, but she also said, "hey, what are you doing for lunch?" 

And let me just say, Laurel's invite made my month. It was the first time someone in Texarkana though enough to initiate something with me. Other than the Church of Christ prayer meetings, I've been the one reaching out to random folks for the past 10 months. 

And, as a secondary bonus, later that day, Tessa asked if I wanted to go out for happy hour. TWO invites in one day from people who wanted to hang out with me. My sorry ego could get used to such a thing!

As much as I would have liked to go to happy hour, I had other plans. But it was nice to be invited.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment