Sunday, October 30, 2022

This Past Week

Me on Day 2

Marty and I are debating if we want to add on to our current home or buy another. This week we had painters come over and paint the: 

1. Greatroom

2. Kitchen

3. Master bedroom

4. Master bathroom


I'm told that my house is approx. 1,600-1,700 square feet (I think it is closer to 1500, but that's just from practicing real estate for 20 years, but what do I know?). For this five-member crew, it should have taken a day. Maybe two. When the drug user was fired and then there were four of them, it still should have taken a day, maybe two (it wasn't like the drug user was working anyway). Instead, the project took four days. FOUR DAYS! I'm reasonably sure, I could have painted the entire thing myself in two. I'm thinking I should have. 

They aren't technically done. What's left is screwing back outlet covers (once we find the screws which weren't with the outlet covers), reassembling the front door--which was put on incorrectly, and hanging up the curtains. And let's not even discuss the doorbell. All of this extra stuff sounds simple if they would have just kept the parts together. 

I told Marty today, if I can't handle painters in my home for four days, I'm not sure I can handle a construction crew working here for an indeterminant amount of time adding a wing to my home. 

Edit: they took two more days in "touch-ups." They didn't get all the touch-up places, but I really don't want them back here. I will finish myself at a later date. 

No comments:

Post a Comment