Wednesday, October 19, 2022

The Train Interruption Didn't Phase Anyone

 

I'm not saying this because Polly is a Soprano I in the Texarkana Regional Chorale, I'm saying this because I am extremely impressed: the amount of musical talent in this small town is astounding. 

Last Friday night, the TRC performed an outdoor concert. There was some Offenbach, Andy Lloyd Webber (Phantom Of the Opera), Brahms, and a few other names of composers I'd never heard of. It was their first of two concerts for the weekend. 

Though it was outside, and in the picture, the stage and building look shabby, don't let that fool you. The concert was standing room only. The voices wonderful. The only glitch was the train that sped through, stopping the music for about five minutes. But, I guess that happens in a small town.   


No comments:

Post a Comment