Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Cruella

I spent last weekend combing the former offers of the cute little condo, asking agents if their clients were still interested. One--the one I really wanted to say yes--said he'd get back to me. The other agent did get back to me. She made my Sunday a living hell. 

Now then, could I please put this in perspective. I have a cute little condo for sale. It is priced at the bottom of most homes for sale in the Phoenix metro area. There is a lot of interest in such a place. The agent--let's just call her Cruella--informed me that she, "needed to protect her client" with some bogus terms and conditions in the contract that honestly, nobody but her cared about. Like who the title company would be. Or when contract acceptance was officially happening. And damn if she didn't feel like she needed to be the alpha! If she wasn't so annoying it would have been funny. 

I mean, ok, your buyer can ask my seller to pay some piddly fees to "protect" your clients. But at some point you advised your client to pay $30,000 over asking price. So, how is THAT protecting her client? But what do I know? 

This woman barked at me and honestly was so nasty, I almost called back that other agent and begged him to find his client (who happened to be on two week backpacking trip in some remote mountain somewhere and did not have internet and cell service). And there was no reason for such weird ugliness. We all have the same goal. 

It wasn't just about the title company, it was that Cruella had to have the last word in every text. She even gave me one weird text in the middle of the day: "I expect your sellers will perform." 

Perform what? They are offering a place for your homeless buyer to purchase. Buy it or not. I don't care. But I didn't respond. Let her have the win if her ego is so small.  

Plus, she (not her buyers--who probably didn't even know) threatened to back out TWICE over me explaining I was pretty sure getting my sellers' signatures (there are four required, two of whom are older and don't use the computer as much as Doug and Carla) in the time they gave us, which was three hours, might be a tad difficult on a Sunday afternoon. I mean, who gives two jolly darns about such things if the buyer is getting the condo either way? And more importantly, why annoy the listing agent making sure no other favors might be forthcoming? Because, there won't be any more favors. 

But whatever. It's Cruella's karma. 

No comments:

Post a Comment