Thursday, August 26, 2021

Tuesday Part 1 Carla Loses It With Me. Again.

Tuesday Doug and Carla got the news: a second appraiser valued their cute little condo at a lower price. That means, Doug and Carla would only be getting $20,000 over asking price instead of $30,000 if they chose to go through with the sale. 

Not gonna lie: part of me was thinking, "If Doug and Carla refused to take a price redetection, I could be done with Cruella!!!!" But the pragmatic part knew this was still a great contract and we are close to the finish line. However, it would take buy-in from Carla, who was once again unnecessarily furious at me for delivering the message. 

All this was going on while I was waiting with my father, who had strapped on his Karen boots, and was sitting in the waiting room of the cardiologist letting everyone in Avondale know how this particular doctor could streamline his practices (by firing members of the office staff, if you wanted to know). So, there was that drama. The good news is my brother gets to handle the next Dad doctor's appointment.  

In the end, cooler heads prevailed and Doug stopped putting Carla and me in three-way conference calls and just handled the communications. Doug and I were able to have productive chats about the pros and cons of the situation that he could relay back to Carla.  

Eventually much later in the day it was decided they would go through with the sale. However, in between Carla's frustration and a decision to proceed with the sale, I had my own Cruella drama. 

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment