Friday, August 27, 2021

Tuesday Part 2 Cruella and the Bless Your Heart E-Mail

Before I could get a commitment from my sellers to continue with the sale, Cruella was blowing up my phone. She would only text me. So, I wrote her and said, "My seller is evaluating their options please give me a few hours." 

That did not sit well with Cruella. "They have no choice. They are contractually obligated!!!!!!" and other such nonsense. 

My continual, "Please give me a few hours," was always what I shot back with to Cruella's continual, "Tell them they have no other option than to accept the lower price. The contract says so." It was like we were in some sort of surreal loop with the only reality break was the changing number of exclamation marks Cruella used in her all-caps texts to me. 

The contract actually says the seller does not have to honor a lower price if a property fails to appraise they can back out of the contract and start over. But, by now, I was stuck in stand-still traffic on the 51 and I still didn't know why my sellers wanted to do. Every time I called Cruella, the coward refused to take my call. How simple it would have been if I could have just explained I know Doug and Carla have a good contract and could she just give my sellers some time to figure this out! But nope. And because traffic wasn't going anywhere (it took me more than 2 hours to get home from Dad's) I was able to text back. 

In the end, I got the addendum signed. The price was lowered. Everyone is happy. Except, I don't leave well enough alone. I truly do find Cruella's obnoxious bullying coupled with her absolute lack of real estate knowledge a bit disheartening. 

Even though I probably shouldn't have, I sent the following bless your heart e-mail to her in reply to an e-mail she sent me in the middle of this drama, mis-quoting the wrong part of the contract. 

"I strongly encourage you to speak to your broker about the purchase contract. I don't mean this in an unkind way. I do mean it in the Code of Ethics Preamble way, where it says we agents are to help each other be the best we can be.  

This is the second time you have brought it up the purchase contract to me. I have taught the purchase contract and I don't want you to look unprofessional in front of your clients. 

I hope you will take this in the spirit it is offered because I don't mean any offense." 

Ok, I do hope she's offended. That's just my inner passive-aggressive bitch wanting to put her in her place. But honestly, I hope she learns the Arizona Purchase Contract before I see her name come up in the Grievance Committee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment