Monday, August 9, 2021

Under Contract

I had 41 phone calls on Saturday and 20 text messages. It sure seemed like a lot more.  

In the end, there were 10 contracts. When it came apparent that some buyers were not going to be the winning bids, I asked Doug and Carla to just reject those offers outright. Why let the buyer dangle when they had zero chance of winning? One of the buyers that was rejected submitted a second offer. It was a final contender. 

In addition to the ten offers, Saturday afternoon, I took the place off the market. I called all the remaining agents who were to show it and told them they were welcome to do so. But, there were 10 offers at this time and my sellers needed to make a decision, so show it and please let me know if the buyers wanted to be offer 11 through 16. All the agents I called thanked me for not wasting their time. 

Doug and Carla had four offers to choose from that were $30,000 over asking. One offer included $5,000 to the seller to pay for seller's closing costs (think of it like giving a tip), however that didn't make up for some of that buyer's other contract terms, including an out of state lender and a questionable prequalification form. All the rest of the offers had various forms of handwriting and that was about the only difference. Frankly I was of the mind that any offer that included a trip to Fiji for the listing agent (me) was going to be the winning offer. Some of the agents had their loan officers call me personally to tell me the buyers were qualified, the agents for those buyers were rock stars and yes, they could close this loan. The one who told me they could close the loan the soonest, ended up winning the contract.  

No comments:

Post a Comment