Wednesday, August 25, 2021

My New Job

I have been hired for a new, start-up company. The company employs real estate transaction coordinators. A transaction coordinator is someone who works with real estate agents. Their job is to order the for sale signs, photography, coordinate all of the appointments and handle the piles of paperwork that happen in every sale. 

I won't be handling piles of paperwork. I will be managing the transaction coordinators. I work from home and I doubt I will again see the folks who hired me unless I go to some effort to make it happen.  

I asked a lot of questions when I met with them (they hired me over the phone and I insisted on a face-to-face interview before I agreed). My questions took them by surprise. It was obvious none of them have ever owned and run a small business before. 

Now then, in the event I don't sound totally psyched, it is because: 1) I start mid-September and 2) after looking at their business model, I'm not sure their service is long-term sustainable. I mean, I'm willing to give it a go, I have nothing to lose and it could be a lot of fun while it lasts. However I recognize this might be the kind of company that is only around when the real estate market is good.   

Incidentally, I'm keeping my license active and my brokerage open. This job is part-ish time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment