Tuesday, August 10, 2021

For the Birds

 The good news: I've seen worse. 

The bad news: Julie liked me. Actually, I liked her too, in the we had a few things in common kind of way. But selling a home where it looks like Costco and the library had a vomit contest is not my idea of a successful real estate transaction. At least the place was clean! But if your family room has rows and rows of plastic shelving--from one wall to the opposite--filled with food and no other furniture, and if your living room has books stacked so high that it would take four life-times to read everything, it is not an ideal way to get top dollar for your home--which is what Julie wants. 

Oh yes, the last time the place was updated was probably 1980, but honestly, I don't know because I couldn't see past the stuff. Wait! Not true! Remember when faux painting was all the rage in the 1990s? The master bathroom, including the ceiling, is faux sponge painted--and I am not making this up--black. 

And even more interesting, they are planning on bringing all of their worldly belongings--including the chickens--with them when they move out of state. I desperately wanted to ask if the state they were moving to might also have chickens they could adopt, but I was already straining my filter. 

At this time, I don't have the listing. She tells me she has talked to a few less than reputable "we will buy at some low-ball price" kind of brokerages and another agent who works for a bigger company than mine (she didn't seem comfortable with the idea I was a one woman show). I am pretty sure we have also all told her the same thing: declutter first and then let's talk. Because there might possibly be more space in the chicken coop than inside the home. 



No comments:

Post a Comment