Saturday, August 21, 2021

Drat

Well, Cruella is still hanging around. She wasn't happy at all--and I mean AT ALL--when I suggested if her buyer disapproved of the cute little condo, please let us know as soon as possible so that my sellers could put it back on the market. 

Though this was in an e-mail, she reiterated to me in a text her buyer was none-too-pleased about the,  "refrigerator water line issue" that isn't really an issue. And what was I going to do about it? 

I suggested in my return text that this was covered in the e-mail I'd sent her that morning before 7 a.m. Then I added, "Please let me know if they are backing out. The seller would like to get it back on the market as soon as possible." 

That didn't sit well. Cruella's reply (in all caps with lots of exclamation marks) to my text was, "I never said they are backing out!!!!!" She's right. She just inferred it. 

My text back to that one was simply, "Please let me know if they are backing out. The seller would like to get it back on the market as soon as possible." Then, I went on with my day.  

To her credit, she actually let me have the last word. 

Hours later, I got the prescribed form from Cruella, letting me know two significant items: 1) her buyers were accepting the property in the as-is condition, per the agreed upon contract and 2) the buyers waived the remainder of their inspection period. Therefore, they can't ask for any other repairs.* 

So, it looks like I am stuck with this woman for another few weeks. 

*Of course there are other ways to back out of the contract, but I am sure Cruella knows what they are. 


No comments:

Post a Comment