Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Inga Update

I have been in contact with Inga, just making sure she is safe. Shane, after the police came the second time Sunday (when HE called) and the police realized he doesn't own the house but instead Inga does, changed his tactic and offered an olive branch. Of course no rent came with the peace offering or even a bonafied lease.

To the surprise of nobody other than Inga, nothing has been said by Shane since Saturday about purchasing the home. Sociopaths don't seem to keep very good track of their lies, do they?

Hopefully she will talk to a lawyer and his parole officer* today. If she doesn't, I hope she finds a way to stay safe. I am no psychic, but even I can see how this peace treaty will play out once Shane finds out she talks with the lawyer and his parole officer.

As she hasn't taken my Landlord 101 course, most of what I said about her legal rights went in one ear and out the other. And as she hasn't taken my "How Dare You Allow Yourself to be Treated This Way!" course, she really wasn't open to my opinion on that subject either. I don't care if I sell her house. I do care if she is abused. At the risk of sounding callous--because I don't mean to be--there isn't much more I can do at this point. She needs to garner whatever strength or resources she has to shovel herself out of this mess. I hope she does.


*On a side note, I found an obscure advantage to working with Dee and her Merry Felons. I was able to call one and ask a few questions about how parole works. I shared my findings with Inga.

No comments:

Post a Comment