Friday, July 26, 2019

I Was Almost Hired

Earlier this week, my FSBO kids called me. They were done trying to sell this home themselves. They told me it was too "stressful." They wanted to hire me. I was downright giddy, knowing I had earned the right to sell this house. I know they talked to at least three agents earlier this month, but they picked me!

We were to meet the next day. I got all my 8 x 10 color glossies, facts, figures, papers and brochures and shoved them into my presentation folder. I was set! My listing presentation took about three hours to assemble. It was chock full of data and anaysis showing them what their home was worth and all sorts of other essential nuggets to help them make an informed decision.

Before we could meet, they got yet another offer on their home. And poof! They were back to being For Sale By Owners.

Oh well. I am not shocked they got another offer. I think they didn't price the home as well as they could. I also think they are in for a few surprises as this pans out. But, they didn't ask me now, did they?

No comments:

Post a Comment