Tuesday, July 16, 2019

My Petty Frustration

Stupid Title Company
I don't mean to be nit-picky, ok I actually do. I closed on a sale today. My folks were fabulous. I love them!

Generally when a home closes, the title company alerts the agents so that we can be the ones to tell our clients the news. We can congratulate them and discuss all the fun and happy memories they have coming in the future. After all, we are the ones who have been with them since the beginning. We want to share their joy. It is truly the happiest part of my job.

But not this title company. They bypassed the agent (me) all together and just told my client. And that kind of sucked. Think of having really big news, you won the lottery, for example. You want to be the one to announce to your family. Instead, they hear about it on the 6 o'clock news.

I like hearing the excitement when really nice folks get the home of their dream. I like talking to them about what's next, their plans and where the Christmas tree is going to be placed. When things don't go so smoothly, it is a moment of grace, as the clients (and agent) are then released from their stress. Even if they never want to hear from me, or if I never want to hear from them, it is usually still a sweet and tender experience.

Except on this transaction. The title company stole it. So, yes, I am annoyed. It may sound like a small issue for those who aren't in the business, but frankly it isn't. There is so much abuse us agents take these days, it is nice to have a happy moment to share with our clients.


No comments:

Post a Comment