Sunday, July 21, 2019

Marty is Interviewing

In other news, Marty interviewed for a job somewhere in the swamp last week. I have only looked up  the population and the weather of that particular town. Currently rain is scheduled for every day next week. Plus, it isn't over 90 degrees. So, there's that.

Marty interviewing stresses me out. It shouldn't at this point. It is like a kid playing with a book of matches. Most likely every stick will go out without incident. But there's always that potential matchstick that gets out of hand and burns down the house. Most of his interivews poof into nothing. However, sometimes it takes a second or third interveiw before the flame goes out.

Recently, Marty decided to expand his job search to somewhere North of the 37th parallel. That was very generous of him, I might eventually live somewhere that has snow. Or tornadoes. I might be able to see Bliz more often. I suspect his willingness to expand his search had more to do with the damn heat wave and less to do with my desire to see four seasons or Bliz.

Right now there is no feedback on his interview. This stuff moves really slowly. It is even slower when one is a 55 year old male, with gray hair. Age discrimination is real. He currently has a good job. He is moderatlely happy at work. We are settled and I am living my life as if there won't be a three alarm fire next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment