Friday, July 12, 2019

My Log Cabin Will Have a Stream Running Next to It and Sketchy Cell Service

No Crazies Allowed
It appears the timing of my trip to visit Bonus Dad just happens to coincide with the August Community Outreach Committee meeting. That is just a total stroke of luck bummer. There is some random rule stating I cannot miss three meetings without consequences.

Unfortunately that will be my third meeting I have missed (first one I was in training, second one I just didn't go to because I was going to kill Muffy if I went and now this). I have no idea if I will be asked to leave the committee. If only...  If I am not, I will stick it out until the end of the year.

Jane is vacillating between running for President Elect in the Woman's Council of Realtors. I once told her if she ran, I would join, which she misinterpreted as I would be on her governing board. Fortunately, her term wouldn't start until 2021. However, she would be an officer in 2020.

I am trying to be supportive and neutral, though I may have asked what exactly does this organization do that is so great? She said they give referrals. I never needed to be part of a group of crazed drama-laced hens in order to find agents in other states. But that's just me.

I did ask Jane if she likes WCR. She hesitated before she said, "yea, kinda." That's higher praise than I am giving the Community Outreach Committee.

But lest you think this is one big complaint, it isn't. I love the Grievance Committee. I am also toying with the idea of joining the Professional Development next year. But that will depend upon if I agree to be Jane's minion in WCR. I am not sure I have time for both.

Or maybe I will just leave real estate and have a quiet existence in a log cabin where I can knit and write the Great American Novel in my spare time.

No comments:

Post a Comment