Tuesday, July 30, 2019

The Condo Sellers

My sellers of the cute little condo in Tempe are starting to dither. It is day 9 of the 10 day inspection period and we haven't heard from the buyers. You see by day 10, the buyer has three choices:

1. take the home in the condition it is in,
2. ask for (reasonable) repairs if anything is found that needs repairs or
3. walk away.

And so far, we don't know which direction the buyers will go. Are there issues? Possibly. The condo was built in 1983. Do I know of any issues? Nope. Do the sellers know of any issues? Nope. But that won't stop a home inspector from digging up something--legitimate or not.

One would think a simple, "I have not heard from the buyer and they still have time left on their inspection," would suffice. This was followed up with assurances of, "usually if a big-ticket item is discovered, the buyer's agent generally reaches out to give warning." Sadly that has only made my sellers slightly more antsy.The unknown is eating at my folks. I understand. But I don't want to borrow trouble or manufacture drama. Whatever the case, we will know where this is going by Thursday.

In my experience, there's probably nothing wrong. If there is, it will need to be fixed. If it is major, it will need to be fixed AND the buyers will walk. I am crossing my fingers and toes for nothing major is wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment