Thursday, July 25, 2019

Road Trip

Mount Eldon This Week


Because I haven't spent enough time in hotels this summer (so far only 22 days), I am going on a road trip today. I have a class tomorrow in Flagstaff. Jane needs this class too, so we are heading North for better weather and to learn all about the delights called, "Fair Housing." If all goes well, we will be back Friday night.

Earlier this week, while the Museum Fire raged wildly out of control on Mount Eldon, the coordinator of the class sent out an e-mail asking if the class should be postponed. I wrote her back with the following, "Barring an health and safety issues, I vote No. I live in the Valley, it is 110 degrees and already prepaid for my hotel. I doubt I will have time to take this class again any time soon if you reschedule." I doubt my e-mail was the reason the class is still on, but hey!

To be fair, I had already called the hotel and asked if I could get a refund if the fire wasn't under control. Also, to be fair, I could take this class again somewhere other than Flagstaff if necessary too. I think it is being offered in Phoenix around December.


No comments:

Post a Comment