Friday, July 7, 2017

Happy Birthday Chris

So Chris called me. He wants a rental home. AND he came highly recommended from some one I like. Though I have carefully explained to Chris this is not a market to be picky, he doesn't believe me. Why should he? All of his friends and Zillow have told him getting a rental home is just like getting an apartment.

Chris and I went out on Saturday. He saw a perfectly charming place. But no, looking for a rental home is a shopping experience. Possibly in 2008, but not now. Looking for a rental home in 2017 is more like a Venezuelan grocery grab.  It is sad, actually. I honestly don't think I would want to be pressured into putting an application in on the first available home I found either.

Anyway, Chris passed on the perfectly charming place (it really was). He asked if we could go out on Monday. I agreed, why not. He needs to find something and a holiday weekend might change his luck if 237 other people aren't fighting for the same home.

Sunday night Chris sent me a text. Guess what? Chris forgot his birthday was July 3. He needed to cancel and he would "get back to me." Ok?

Chris did say something about perhaps we could go look Saturday. I don't believe him. I do believe he has found a place to live and just didn't want to tell me. That is actually good news. If he found a place more perfectly charming than the one I showed him and he stands a chance, he should have a birthday every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment