Monday, July 10, 2017

Rebuilding

We applied for a credit card today. It isn't that Marty and I want a credit card--we have never been big on them anyway--it is that we want to establish credit again. It also would be nice to have an option if I want to rent a car some time, which historically has been an issue for us with a debit card.

The lovely credit union employee asked us what kind of credit card we wanted: a zero interest or one that gives points. "Credit cards have features?" I innocently asked the teller. Who knew?! Well, I am sure lots of people knew. This is a different world to us now.

Honest to Pete, when the teller asked, Marty and I looked at each other, completely perplexed. Frankly, we just wanted to see if we could be approved for one at all. Even one with a $200 credit limit would be fine. We won't max it out anyway. It turns out we have to wait seven to ten business days to find out if this is even a possibility.




No comments:

Post a Comment