Sunday, July 23, 2017

Verified: The Plumber Doesn't Charge More for Weekends

One of the more frustrating aspects of clawing one's way past financial ruin is that once something important breaks--and you know how persnickety Murphy happens to be--it becomes a major ordeal. Two weeks ago, it was the car. Today my ceiling decided to rain. Hopefully I caught it in time so that it doesn't become a ceiling collapsing on top of the rest of the disaster. A ceiling collapsing then becomes a second financial issue.

Last time this occurred, it was a holiday weekend and Marty refused to let me call a plumber because they "charge more." So our ceiling collapsed. This is what last time looked like.
Last Time

This time, with experience on my side, I called the plumber. After all, whether I do it today or Tuesday, it needs to be done. I simply can't have a waterfall in my bathroom. Hopefully it won't be too pricey. Our emergency fund is in its infancy, and it looks like it just took a big hit. 


No comments:

Post a Comment