Friday, September 6, 2019

Grievance Time

It is that time again! Two cases (so far) for this week's Grievance Committee Meeting. I absolutely love this committee. The folks on it are professional and take their role seriously. We discuss lots of contract-thingys, which appeals to my contract-nerdiness. I learn so much from them!

All I have done at this point is print out the papers (35 pages) of claims. Though a small rain forest is in jeopardy when I have to read this stuff, it is the easiest way to handle doing my part. Normally, I would bring my laptop to the meeting and read everything off of that, but my laptop has a persnickety nature that I just don't feel like dealing with. I tried for the last two meetings but as I vainly attempted to follow along with the screen, I was left in the dust, looking like the cliche'd incompetent administrative assistant from some 1980's movie.

So far, I have only scanned both cases at this time. Of interest is both cases come from the same brokerage. In fact, in the nine months I have been on this committee, this brokerage seems have gotten called out a lot. To be fair, it is a rather large brokerage that has many agents, but honestly, it isn't THAT large. I keep thinking about the poor designated broker who has to go in front of the High Inquisitor Squad when his agents get called on the carpet. Perhaps at this point, he could just rent out an apartment onsite at the Association to spare him the travel on High Inquisitor Squad hearing days.

This is playing into my thinking, that maybe I don't want to be a designated broker of more than just me. Who has time to sit in High Inquisitor Squad hearings on a monthly basis?

The only other action I have taken about this month's meeting is to make sure Buckaroo has a ride home from school. I am sure I will get around to reading the 35 pages of he-said, she-said soon enough. If it is interesting enough and I can keep it anonymous enough, I hope to write about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment