Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Adventures of a World Class Bitch

I have used my Big-Girl Designated Broker Voice(tm) more in the past week than I have in the two and a half years as a designated broker. And frankly, my throat is starting to hurt.

Last Thursday night, I got word, only because I called and finally got hold of Dee's loan officer that that loan documents were at title A WEEK EARLY. This is fine and good--after all, who doesn't love efficiency?--but Dee was out of the state. We were originally scheduled to close on the 9th. And--here's the best part--the loan docs were dated for a June 1 closing. Nobody mentioned closing early to me, the seller or Dee. In fact, title didn't even bother to say they had the loan documents. And certainly nobody mentioned to anyone they were dated for a June 1st closing.

Friday morning I got in touch with the title officer, who asked why my clients couldn't come in and sign the loan documents right then and there. Well, there are a few reasons. First, I hadn't even reviewed the closing documents because title hadn't bothered to send them to me. I had no idea if they were right and if my clients should sign them. And second--follow along here--Dee and Mr. Dee were OUT OF STATE because they thought they were closing on June 9 because that's what the contract says.

In addition to this madness, the contract states that the seller is to provide the buyer with a two year warranty on the property. Pretty simple stuff. Except nobody is able to get anything in writing from the seller. I have been asking for this warranty info since the end of April.

As it stands now, Dee and Mr. Dee have signed the loan documents. Closing has been moved to June 3. And as of this writing, we still do not have the warranty information. I have been in touch with everyone who are still taking my calls and e-mails at this time demanding this stupid warranty information.

And better yet, I have instructed title to delay closing today until my buyer has that warranty information.

Oh yea, the selling side, the loan officer and the title people think I am a bit cranky. I am. And if they did their jobs correctly, I might be a more pleasant human.

No comments:

Post a Comment