Monday, June 15, 2020

Alfred

Many, MANY years ago, when I was a new agent, I had a listing in Goodyear. I got a sign call from Alfred, who had a property in that neighborhood. He wanted to know what his home was worth. And thus, a friendship was born. Over the years, Alfred has kept in touch--he lives in Santa Barbara, CA. His job is kind of a fun one, he works for the Wayne family in a service capacity.

At one point, young Master Wayne had a home in Chandler. I sold it. That's the only money I have made from my friendship with Alfred. But that doesn't stop him from calling--or me from calling--once in a while to say hello and catch up.

Currently, Alfred's plan is to "flip homes" in the greater Phoenix area. I have told him it probably won't happen, as we don't have a depressed market. But it isn't stopping me from looking. Once in a while I send him wholesale properties that would cut me out of the buying side of a sale, with the idea that if he were to buy it, fix and flip, I would get the sale end eventually. I also send him foreclosure notices, so if he wants to purse that aspect he can.

So far, nothing has come of his intentions. That's fine. Perhaps one day something will. In fact, if Marty gets laid off and we end up moving (groan), I intend to call him first and let him make an offer on my house. In the meantime, Alfred is fun to talk to and makes me smile.

Note: turns out I've written about Alfred before: https://adventureswithrealestate.blogspot.com/2019/05/alfred-is-leaving-bat-cave.html

No comments:

Post a Comment