Thursday, June 25, 2020

Random Adventures

I walked into Mrs. Meadow's home Monday morning, purse still slung over my arm and suitcase in the other hand when she said, "Last night around two a.m. the dogs started barking their 'snake bark.' I looked outside and there was a rattler, right outside but I needed the flashlight to find it. The rattler is dead now. I threw it over the fence and I think it became someone else's dinner. It's hard to hold the flashlight and kill the snake at the same time."

Then she added this little gem: "So if they start barking tonight, you can hold the flashlight while I kill it." (For the record, there was no "flashlight holding" while I was there.)

I love visiting her. I can't wait to go back again. Hopefully during snake hibernation season.

__________


I was so tired from my travels I slept 16 hours yesterday. I need another 16 hours and I might be rested.

__________


Marty got word yesterday that his job is safe for this month. His boss is not guaranteeing anything further than through mid July.

No comments:

Post a Comment