Monday, June 29, 2020

Learning Experience

I came back from my two weeks out yonder, simply exhausted. I may have slept a million hours my first two days, but I am still banking half a million hours sleep every day since. I have thank you notes to write to my hosts, and I can hear Bonus Mom in my head gently reminding me every time I sit down that this needs to be done. Ok. After I blog. I promise.

Today my listing is supposed to close. I have heard nothing suggesting it isn't. But then again, I slept until noon and have been awake less than 45 minutes.

This listing is a bit different for me. I took it at a deep discount--something I am not proud of. Essentially I worked for $26 a day. I know this because I calculated it. My client, who was quite kind, has been great to work with. That alone is a huge relief because as a rule of thumb, the greater the discount the bigger the jerk of  a client. I am glad this one worked out. She was a family member of someone I had helped three different times. The sale was mine to loose.

But, crazy dog who hated me aside, I worked hard for this one. It is too bad I didn't fight harder for my pay check. I didn't discount my service or my actual job, just what I agreed I was worth. The only one who felt under-valued in this whole ordeal was my ego. Some day when I am not so tired and ready for another nap, I may process this a bit more. Perhaps I should have walked away? Perhaps it was an easy $26 a day in my pocket? Either way, I won't make this mistake again.



And now off to write my thank you notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment