Monday, June 22, 2020

June Adventures

I have been home for the past 60 hours. I leave again in two hours. This time to visit Mrs. Meadows for a couple of days. Back-to-back trips are exhausting--and I haven't even left for my second trip yet. I am glad I opted not to teach this past weekend. I was busy enough with laundry and preparing Father's Day brunch for the family. However, being gone for part of this week is a nice distraction from Friday's upcoming layoff notice (though round isn't as emotionally intense in the Sunshine household).

By the way, I have another client. Or I think I do. We set up an appointment to see some new-builds NEXT weekend. I explained that I couldn't represent them if they went without me. They said they understood and not to worry. They wouldn't do ANYTHING like that. Ever. But, they decided to go look this weekend anyway. What would it hurt? Ugh. Well, for starters, I can't answer the upcoming millions of questions about the contract and the process if they go forward. They are on their own.

By the way, they are repeat new-build clients of mine. So, it isn't as if this was brand-new territory for them. They are great people and hopefully this will all work out the way it is supposed to. I like this builder, so there's still a chance my folks will be able to have representation from me. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment