Wednesday, April 1, 2020

April's Grievance Committee

I am currently waiting for my Grievance Committee meeting to start. We are on hold, as the VP of the Association finishes another meeting. This month's meeting is via cyberspace. I have been looking forward to this all week. In fact, I may have even showered, put on a freshly clean shirt (as opposed to one that was subtly clean, and possibly worn for a couple of days) and blow dried the hair, just for the opportunity to be heard (and maybe seen) by twelve others.

There are five cases today. All of which I read through. Twice. I also re-read the Code of Ethics, just to make sure we didn't miss anything. Woe be it for anybody in front of the Grievance Committee this month, when we have lots of time on our hands to dot every i and cross every t. Twice.

Today I am peer reviewing a case that doesn't have a lot of gravy, but standing on its own, raises an eyebrow. I will be surprised if it doesn't go to the High Inquisitor Squad, only because, well, see the paragraph above. Essentially there is probably enough evidence to move it forward. In fact, I am adding another violation to this person's complaint because I think the complainant missed something. I am curious if the other three peer reviewers went to this much effort with their cases. I suspect they have time on their hands, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment