Sunday, April 26, 2020

Dee's Home Inspection

Saturday afternoon, Dee had her home inspection. Now, I should preface with the following: when one has a home inspection, one generally hires a home inspector who goes through the house with a fine tooth comb and then gives a report to the home buyer. The process generally takes about four hours.

Or, you could be Dee, who has lots of friends who learned the trades while locked up for years and let them emerge on the property all at once.

Anyway, I arrived at 3:45 to a mass trespassing. Dee and--I am not making this up--15 felons (along with Mr. Dee) were in the back yard, waiting for me to arrive. When I opened the sliding glass door, I got a "HI!" from all 17 and then, Dee stood in front of them and exclaimed, "Go inspect." At this point, like curious kittens the Felons scattered to various corners of the house.

At some point, Ari walked over and said hello (he's one of my favorites) and then turned to Dee to let her know the wiring was all good to go. In fact, there were extra spaces left in the electrical panel in case a welder and a hot tub were to be eventually added. Kevin let us know the cabinetry was high-end (he works for a cabinet shop). The one trained in plumbing and HVAC gave his opinion. Someone went into the attic too--though there was no ladder--and puttered around looking at the level of insulation. And there were 11 others milling around, reporting to Dee their opinion.

Honestly, it was like a big party. The energy was high. There was a lot of laughing. Everyone was positive and super kind. At some point, I looked around and wondered if someone had suggested I would ever end up on 19th Avenue and Buckeye, standing in a home with 15 high-level Felons who at one time committed some heinous crimes, laughing hysterically at corny jokes would I have believed them.

The Felons gave the home a clean bill of health with only minor issues. We were done in an hour. But I smiled for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment