Monday, April 6, 2020

Just Fine With Me

Seventeen years ago today I wrote my very first real estate contract. It was on the house still I live in now. My babies were little. They have grown up here. There have been parties, games, celebrations, joy and laughter in our home.

I love my home. As we have been holed up for weeks waiting out the pandemic, I have been beyond grateful this is where I am.

This picture was taken in 2007 when the accidental business was taking off and it looked like we were relocating to West Georgia. Life didn't work out that way. But that isn't a problem. I have loved being here. If you look carefully at the front door, you can see the stained glass window my father made for me--the last stained glass window he has ever made.


The Stained Glass Window
Our home is no longer brown. There is a cobblestone walkway up front. I don't work for a company with a gold sign post any more. Right now my trees are in bloom and there are more flowers out front. And that's just fine with me.

PS. This seems to be the oldest picture I could quickly find of the babies in my digital library. However, it isn't 17 years old. It was taken in 2006.




No comments:

Post a Comment