Friday, April 3, 2020

Living the Introvert Dream

Can I just go on record please? I am loving this particular time in our culture. My usual high-stressed life is so relaxed, zen and uncomplicated that I revel in bliss. If I could go on like this indefinitely I simply wouldn't mind.

Ok, sure there is uncertainty in our world. Sure there are health concerns. If I were to turn on the news, I would probably not be ok and anxiety would take over.

But I can't control what I can't control. Therefore I choose to be happy and relaxed. Right now, I am living an extended micro-staycation while my adrenal glands recuperate from the past 20 years of adulthood.

Every day I hear from a few of folks. Every day I call or text a handful of people. I like to rotate my contacts because I don't want to forget any friend. And I have to tell you, every time someone reaches out to me, I feel extra love and joy--someone took the time to think of ME! I don't take that for granted.

My emotional tank is full, happy and bright. Those extroverts in my life are cowering in the corner. I know how that feels. I lived that every day of my life until three weeks ago.

Eventually this solitude will come to a screeching halt. There will be repercussions and ramifications. There will be work to be done. Our economy will see some affect. Baseball season will too. But right now I am resting and regenerating until that time. All the while I am cherishing every minute of this quiet life.

No comments:

Post a Comment