Monday, April 20, 2020

Dee's Latest Delight

I love Dee. I really do. But when she gets an idea she holds on to it. She may be a super-gracious person and is a wonderful client, but she makes me work. 

Her commercial property didn't work out. That's fine. I was pretty sure it wouldn't for a whole lot of reasons, too long for this patch of cyber-space. Today we are looking at her latest 1916, three bedroom, two bath. She said it looks "perfect," which is true. From what I have seen, the space works really well. However, given where it is located (7th Avenue and Buckeye Road), I found the description written by the selling agent of in, "Delightful Phoenix," a bit of a stretch.

This property is a flip. The selling agent says in the private remarks the seller is not willing to disclose anything about the house. I sighed heavily when I read that. I hate these kinds of fights. My job is to protect my buyers and that requires me to push back, cite Arizona Revised Statutes (A.R.S. 32-1121, if you feel like looking it up) and start a relationship off on a bad foot when the seller and the agent get pissy because I made them do their job. Or worse, when I contact the selling broker and gently suggest his agent needs a bit of coaching. I hate being that person. I really do. 

All this anxiety is happening even before we go look at the house.


No comments:

Post a Comment