Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Adventures with the Duplex In Gold Canyon

I am finding aspects of renting out this cute little Gold Canyon duplex quite maddening. Last night, I  even realized I was a bit triggered, an after-affect from my now-former landlord days. But truly, I have spent more time writing more about my adventures with this property than I have on trying to rent it out. And now that the Diamondbacks aren't going to the World Series in 2017, this $27 I am going to make when all is said and done is no longer as important. But yet, fun to write about anyway.

Tina's son may or may not be moving to Denver for several months. If that is the case, she is going to move into his vacant home. She is to let me know sometime today. Bummer if this is the case. I really had high hopes for her.

Dina is a damn wreck who is on my last nerve. Last night she sent me ONE page of the two page application with an explanation that it is "hard" for her to scan and e-mail and she will get the second page to me after her dinner. She didn't bother to tell me if her photo ID or proof of income will be showing up. I have already determined she doesn't have enough income coming in to qualify for this place. I told her so, but she insisted the owner will be dazzled by her brilliance and want her anyway.

Also last night, Dina asked me if I could show her the place once more. She is not remembering a window in the second bedroom and apparently my word--nor social convention of actually having windows in bedrooms--is enough and she wants to just double check. She asked if I could come out today.

What I did tell her is that I was showing the property on Wednesday at 4:30 and 5:00 and why not come a little bit early. "Someone else is seeing the apartment?" she asked, utterly surprised she had competition.

Yes, someone else is seeing the place. And with any luck I will get a real application from someone who is really interested and knows how to fill out an application.

No comments:

Post a Comment