Wednesday, October 18, 2017

No Takebacks

Somewhere in the recesses of Pinal County, John and Mary Newhomeowners are cursing my name and, subsequently they are cursing my fabulous clients who deserve better.

The drama about John and Mary's home took an unfortunate turn today. You see, their agent contacted me yet again, asking for the loan to close sooner than humanly possible. I assure you, if I could go and sweet-talk some underwriter and have them actually work at a reasonable rate of speed, I would. But I can't. So I won't. As it stands now, it appears my clients will take possession of their new home on Wednesday, October 25 around 4 p.m., unless for some crazy reason the planets align and this loan gets closed faster. But to be fair, 30 days is pretty darn quick for a VA loan to close.

When their agent got in touch with me today, I explained once more her folks weren't moving in until Thursday. Yes, Thursday. because my client's contact extends until 11:59 p.m. Wednesday. I would like to tell you it went over well on the buyer's side, but I heard a rumor that El Jefe got a call from someone complaining about this. He didn't call me, so I am guessing he said the same thing to John and Mary's agent that I said. And I am not about to call him and find out there is more to the story and he hasn't gotten around to telling me.

It is not my client's fault John and Mary have essentially changed their minds and want to take ownership of their new home. I totally get it. Today I talked to my client--who happens to know nothing about this week's drama. She asked me what she should do with the keys when they leave. "Should I call the new owners and offer to give them to him?" She innocently asked. No. Given how things are going, I think I will bring them the keys and spare my clients the earful I have gotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment