Sunday, October 15, 2017

The Winner Is (So Far) Lorenzo

There were three applicants on the cute little duplex in Gold Canyon. Sadly (for me, but not her), Jane ended up showing the home and the commission is hers.

Dina finally got around to applying. She was rejected before the ink on her application was dry. It might have helped her case if she hadn't been complaining about the staircase and how she might just "break her neck" on it if she were to fall. But probably not. Based on the basic criteria, she just didn't qualify.

Murray and his girlfriend applied. They have three or four children together. This is 950 square feet. The owner thought that six people in 950 square feet might be a bit too much. Actually, the standard is two people per bedroom. It isn't a law, but an owner can use that as a guideline. I think there may have been more going on with Murray too, but I wasn't the one who ran his credit and presented him to the owner.

Then there was Lorenzo. He and his roommate applied. They both, independently, make two and a half times the rent. They have no evictions. No criminal background. They have financial stability. They filled out the application completely--the first time. In fact, Lorenzo was so excited he texted me Friday at 5:30 asking if he could put down his deposit right then and there. "You need the lease first." I pointed out. That's probably coming Monday.

Jane is a new agent in my office. We have also been friends for most of our lives. I am glad she was able to help me and show these properties last week, because I was up to my eyeballs in other adventures when the showings were scheduled.

No comments:

Post a Comment