Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Today's Adventure

The massive lapse in judgement from my lender has snowballed. And as we all know, snowballs roll downhill. I don't feel like writing the details right now. But I have gone to bat so hard for my folks that my chest is seizing. My folks don't know this. Nor do they care.

The loan officer and the title person (someone I don't know) have both told me they are amazed at how much extra effort I went to--and I certainly didn't have to--to help my folks out. Truly, it didn't occur to me not to work this hard. And frankly, the selling agent has gone to bat for my folks too. And he certainly didn't have to. I am so grateful to him for his help.

I will never get a referral from my clients. I will probably, at this point, never hear a kind word from them. I have certainly heard a lot of angry (and justifiably so) words. However, their anger shouldn't be directed at me--even if it currently is. I am secure enough in my adulthood and my profession that I don't care. I know I did everything I should have--even more than I should have. I know they deserve a better fate than what has been handed to them. They won't be homeless. And hopefully in a few weeks this will be a distant memory and their Christmas tree will be proudly displayed in their new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment