Sunday, October 22, 2017

Piping With Pride

We have a massive clog in our pipes. This drama has been going on for days. Tonight, I would have invited our plumber for Sunday dinner if I had use of my kitchen today. After all, at this point he has pretty much lived at our home all weekend. Anyway, the plumbers are coming back tomorrow. I am told at this point, the best way to get the camera through the pipe to pinpoint the clog is to either 1) cut a hole in my wall and then into a pipe, which will ultimately go into the sewer system or 2) drain the hot water heater, move it out of the way so that the plumber can get to the clean-out plate strategically located behind the hot water heater. Of course to do so, would also mean putting the hot water heater back once all was fixed.

And may I ask? What genius though to put a sewer clean-out plate right behind a hot water heater?

In the meantime. I cannot do dishes or laundry. The last load of laundry I did caused a massive flood, but at least Polly has clean clothes. The rest of us may have to wait until I get over to the laundromat.

None of this sounds wonderful (actually, it is pretty crappy). I am tired of sewage in my kitchen sink. But this post isn't a complaint about our plumbing, or the subsequent hot water heater we are probably purchasing because ours is more than 13 years old and is dying anyway, so why not take care of both? This is really a post about my relief. Six months ago I don't know how I would have paid for this mess. A year ago, same. Right now, I am able to write a check.

Gratitude sometimes comes in places where I least expect it. In this case, through my sewer pipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment