Saturday, June 2, 2018

A Thank You Goes A Long Way

Well, Dee and her Merry Band of Felons decided they weren't interested in a 1920, asbestos-filled home with broken floor joists, an advertised "new" AC that was actually new in the Carter administration and promised a plethora of other safety and health issues. I can't say I blame them. I wasn't interested from the first day I saw the joint.

The known member of one of Phoenix's most violent gangs lives directly across the street doesn't seem to concern them. Dee or one of her Felons--I don't remember who--told me the gangs in the area don't go after Christians. I suspect they may want to check their world history on that one. Perhaps the New Testament might be a starting point. There's a precedent. I promise.

They also feel feel the three-foot chain link fence around the perimeter provides a hypothetical aura of safety that I know I took advantage of when I parked my car in the front yard (note: I didn't feel safer). The home inspector and AC tech also parked inside the perimeter fence too, but I don't think it did anything for their comfort either. I just wish Dee and her Merry Band of Felons would start picking neighborhoods that are slightly more upscale (they can afford it). But that's not for me to judge.

The one major advantage Dee and her Merry Band of Felons have going for them is that they are nice people. They are respectful. They are considerate and kind. They recognize this is a job for me and not a hobby. They don't treat me like a tour guide. I appreciate that. I will go to bat for people like this any day of the week. Those are the kinds of clients who make me feel like my job has purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment