Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Feeding the Soon-To-Be Homeless

Well, Calvin the Awesome is also Calvin the Accommodating. You see, he sent me a text asking a favor. Would my seller mind if his buyers put their food in the refrigerator of the home they are buying? You see, they are selling their home but aren't buying this new house until three days later.

That would be Diamond Jim's home, by the way.

To be fair, nobody is using the refrigerator at this time and the power is on. However, I am not a fan of this. Calvin hasn't been an agent as long as I have, so he is missing out on the war wounds. "What if the power goes out? Who is responsible for the buyer's food?" I asked. Calvin said the buyer would be.

"Why should my seller pay for the electricity to store your client's food?" I asked.

"My buyers will transfer the power to their name. Calvin countered.

"Are closing docs at title so your buyers can sign, proving this home is going to close?"

And then there were crickets.

"Check back with me when closing docs are at the title office. Perhaps we can close early?" I suggested.

The truth is Junior doesn't care if the buyers store the food in the house. I am not talking to Diamond Jim, so I don't know what he would think of this arrangement. However, I don't want the buyers in the home for any reason until it closes. Putting food in the refrigerator doesn't necessarily mean, putting food in the refrigerator. It could mean placing a moving box here or there. Who knows, perhaps they will even set up a bed and stay the night! Don't roll your eyes. It happens.

I loathe having to write up an addendum addressing the storage and care of a jar of mayonnaise and some rocky road ice cream. Frankly, I think Calvin's clients could have planned out their shopping a bit more carefully but then I wouldn't have had this post to write.


No comments:

Post a Comment